Children won’t be the only ones trick-or-treating this month. Last year, federal agencies reported an estimated 3,574 incidents every month in 2011 according to the Government Accountability Office. The same office also said incidents reported have increased nearly 680% in the last six years.
Due to rising cyber terrorism and the need for increased cybersecurity, President Obama has designated October “National Cyber Security Awareness Month”.
In keeping with the festivities, here are five of our favorite cybersecurity resources DLT Solutions has produced in the past year.
- The Benefits of FedRAMP (Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program) – Written by Shamun Mahmud our Systems Engineer, this white paper reviews the federal acquisition of cloud computing services and its benefits including increased security through focused risk management and ensured security oversight.
- Secure Virtualization with sVirt – This white paper reviews the benefits of Red Hat’s sVirt for virtualization including how it coordinates the VM process security boundary and protects the host, hypervisor, and other VMs from attacks.
- CyberSecurity for Government Agencies – Learn how to lock down your environment and show measurable progress towards the Consensus Audit Guidelines by reading this white paper.
- Turning the Tables on Malware – This white paper reviews the benefits of Symantec’s comprehensive approach to unique and targeted cyber attacks by explaining to you why traditional signature-based antivirus software is no longer effective.
- Cybersecurity for Dummies – This complimentary book outlines threats that make securing your system so important, trends in cyber threats, government guidelines and mandates that dictate what you must do to protect your system, and products designed to help you keep your system safe.
We also highly recommend rereading last year’s Cybersecurity is a Shared Responsibility for nine tips to help you defend against a cyber attack and visiting our cybersecurity page for more information.
Photo courtesy of goxini.com