On April 24, we hosted the inaugural GovDefenders Virtual Event. We had over 600 registers from all levels of government and industry come together on the GovDefenders platform to discuss government cybersecurity. Over the last few weeks, we’ve been releasing a few of the videos on Technically Speaking. Today, we bring you the panel – Similarities and Differences Between On-Premise Enterprise Security and Public Cloud Security.
During this panel, experts compared and contrasted security risks, responsibilities, and approaches of on-premise IT and the shared security model of the public cloud. Conversations explored topics including FedRAMP, shared resources, continuous monitoring, data management, and automation.
Our speakers were:
- Scott Armstrong, Strategic Programs, Symantec
- Lee Vorthman, CISSP, Cyber Practice Lead, U.S. Public Sector, NetApp
- David Blankenhorn, Chief Cloud Technologist, DLT Solutions
- Van Ristau, Chief Technology Officer, DLT Solutions – Panel Moderator
Watch the video below to find out the answers to questions such as:
- How does FedRAMP fit into an agency’s information security role?
- What are some of the issues in a shared-model cloud environment?
- What security challenges do agencies face in a cloud environment?
- What’s the big inhibitor of customers taking advantage of new security technology?
We have now made the conference – with its over 100 resources and webinars – free and on-demand!